Lower Elementary Hours
LE Enrollment Options
R School understands that young children learn through play and through stimulating, hands-on activities, games, and other academic enrichment. Our Lower Elementary program is designed to meet the specific needs of young children, ages 4-8, by combining creativity, social interaction, and exploration with developmentally appropriate academic instruction.
Students enrolled in our full-time Lower Elementary program will receive a minimum of 420 hours (MWF 9am-3pm) of core English / Language Arts (ELA), Social Studies (SS), Science, and Math (STEM), plus a minimum of 300 hours (T/Th 9am-3pm) of various electives, enrichment, small-group, or 1:1 tutoring throughout the year. Electives and enrichment may include art, music, physical education, gardening, cooking, crafts, engineering, technology, and more, for a total of 720 instructional hours.
Recess and free-play is vital to healthy childhood development. Rather than focusing on "standardized academics," R School students engage in a variety of free-play activities and enjoy a minimum of one hour of recess each day.
Enrolling in our full-time program provides the most complete educational environment, but full-time enrollment may not fit the needs of all students. Therefore, students may also choose from a variety of part-time options, including academics only (MWF), electives only (TR), or a-la-carte enrollment when space is available.
Tuition & Fees
- Full-Time: $7,250 + $500 Curriculum & Materials Fee
- 3-Day Academics (MWF): $4,590 + $400 Curriculum & Materials Fee
- 2-Day Electives (TR): $3,610 + $300 Curriculum & Materials Fee
- 1-Day Electives (T or R): $1,980 + $200 Curriculum & Materials Fee
Quarterly Enrollment Options
- 2-Day Electives (TR): $1,099 / Quarter
- 1-Day Electives (T or R): $599 / Quarter
- A-La-Carte Classes (TR only): Varies ($99-$189/ Quarter)